Cycle 3 Primary Themes: Modern History and Chemistry & Physics
Are you getting ready to do Schola Rosa Cycle 3 in the fall?
Perhaps, you would like to do some activities in the summer time that will be worth recalling during the school year.
If you live in a northern state, the summer might be the best time for field trips. This is also a peak period in which state and federal parks host family events, since public school is out of session. See what you can do this summer to tailor events to the coming school year. Let’s see what you can come up with!
- Look up your State Historical Society to learn about events throughout your state. Focus on the American and Modern European History.
- Find out if your state has an archaeological site to visit and go!
- Research fun materials for decorating your classroom around the themes: Discovery of America, American colonies, American Revolution, American Civil War, WWI, Russian Revolution, WWII, and Cold War.
- Visit your local state or county park for nature walks.
- Start a physics and chemistry notebook or journal. What are signs of changes caused by physics and chemistry?
- Contact your State Extension service or college to find out about events that focus on physics, electricity, and chemistry.
- Visit a local air show or space launch.
Submissions Welcome: If you follow through with any of these suggestions and want to share, please send your submissions to email@example.com with the topic “Cycle 3 Summer Readiness.” If you have additional ideas, feel free to comment below.