Are you getting ready to do Schola Rosa Cycle 2 in the fall?
Perhaps, you would like to do some activities in the summer time that will be worth recalling during the school year.
The summer might be the best time for field trips. This is also a peak period in which state and federal parks host family events, since public school is out of session. See what you can do this summer to tailor events to the coming school year.
- Look up your State Historical Society to learn about events throughout your state. Focus on the Vikings and Native American cultures.
- Find out if your state has an archaeological site to visit and go!
- Research fun materials for decorating your classroom around the themes: Christian Martyrs, Popes, Saints, Roman Empire, Saracens, Vikings, Medieval art, music, and poetry.
- Go on a tour of Europe!
- Visit your local state or county park for nature walks.
- Start a rock and landforms identification notebook or journal, saving rocks in a collection box.
- Start a constellations notebook or journal by drawing or photographing constellations. Record the date and time of night for each constellation. Where are they in the sky?
- Use your state’s wildlife association website to identify local rocks and landforms.
- Go to your state’s wildlife association to learn about any events in your state and go! Especially look for Night Sky and Geology activities.
Submissions Welcome: If you follow through with any of these suggestions and want to share, please send your submissions to email@example.com with the topic “Cycle 2 Summer Readiness.” If you have additional ideas, feel free to comment below.