“He who gathers in summer is a son who acts wisely, But he who sleeps in harvest is a son who acts shamefully.” Proverbs 10:5
Schola Rosa Tips:
- Do as many subjects outside as possible. Pack your backpacks and do lessons on the porch or on a picnic blanket.
- Drop your lessons one or two days per week and go on a hike, taking along those nature journals. Spend the day outdoors and savor it!
- Volunteer at nearby Organic Farms and help with harvest and clean-up.
- Visit an art museum or check out books from the library on famous artists. See what paintings you are able to find with Fall colors. Learn a bit about the artists and even try to paint a landscape yourselves!
- Go on extra trips to the state parks as a family on the weekend. Learn all you can about local wildlife, geology, and chemistry.
- Read the passage of the Bible about Ruth and Boaz and contemplate Ruth’s work in the fields.